Test Me DNA Home Paternity Testing Kit includes:
Home Paternity Results
Once you have shipped your DNA samples, the main lab will typically receive them within 1-2 business days. As soon as the samples arrive at LabCorp, testing will be initiated. When results are ready, we will give you confirmation of the DNA results over the phone and then we will email or mail you a hard copy.
Complete paternity test results take 3-5 business days after the laboratory receives all collected samples.
Home Paternity Accuracy
Home DNA Paternity testing is performed at the same laboratories as our Legal DNA Test, and includes the same level of accuracy. Results provide users with the highest levels of accuracy that you can trust. Every paternity test offered by Test Me DNA typically compares 21 genetic markers.
Flexible Options Makes Testing Easy
Test Me DNA is a nationwide paternity testing company with a large network of locations. We can deliver testing kits anywhere in the United States and provide sample collections anywhere you are located. If test participants are located in different locations near or far we can provide services to accommodate.
Fully Accredited Laboratories
Test Me DNA uses DNA testing services from Labcorp that provides the highest level of accreditations available. This ensures that you are receiving the highest quality service available and that every single test performed is carried out using the strictest and highest standards.
Buccal Swab Collection Procedure
- Verify the collection kit contains a self-adhesive envelope for each individual testing. Each envelope should contain two(2) packages of sterile cotton-tipped swabs and a white name label.
- Collect only one individual’s DNA at a time. As you are collecting each person’s sample, remove the swabs from the sterile package and discard the wrapper. Do not touch the sterile cotton tip of swabs or lay the swabs on any surface prior to or after collection.
- FOUR(4) SWABS ARE REQUIRED FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL COLLECTED. Use one swab per cheek quadrant (top left, bottom left, top right, bottom right).
- Before you swab, swallow. This is NOT a saliva test, do not suck the swab. Vigorously brush the swab against the inside of the cheek for approximately ten(10) seconds per swab with the same force used when brushing your teeth.
- Hold swabs by the sticks for approximately one minute and allow them to air dry.
- Write the name of the individual whose sample was collected on the white label. Fold, DO NOT WRAP, the white label around all four(4) swab sticks.
- Insert all four(4) swabs, cotton end first, back into the self-adhesive envelope. Seal the envelope.
- After collecting all individuals DNA, place the collection kit containing the samples into the prepaid FedEx shipping envelope provided.
**ONLY ONE PERSON’S SWABS SHOULD BE INSERTED INTO EACH ENVELOPE. ENVELOPES CONTAINING MORE THAN 4 SWABS WILL NOT BE TESTED.**
Legal Paternity Testing
Many times individuals are only testing for curiosity purposes, and once they receive results find themselves needing to attend court. Here at Test Me DNA, we hope you get the answers you are looking for. We do not want you to have to pay for another test down the road. If you have any reason to believe that you will need the results for a court case in the future, choose the Legal Paternity Testing. Appointments are required for Legal DNA testing. You can call to schedule your DNA appointment today
- How accurate is paternity testing without the mother?
- Performing a paternity test without the mother being involved is possible. Including the mother for testing is always encouraged, but the final decision is left up to the participants to decide.
- How long does it take to get the results of Home Paternity Testing?
- Home Paternity Testing results typically take 3-5 business after DNA samples have been collected by the laboratory.