Home Paternity Results
Once you have shipped your DNA samples, you will call us back to get your results. When results are ready we will give you confirmation of the DNA results over the phone and then we will email or mail you a hard copy.
Complete paternity test results take 3-5 business days after the laboratory receives all collected samples.
Home Paternity Accuracy
Home DNA Paternity testing is performed at the same laboratories as our Legal DNA Test, and includes the same level of accuracy. Results provide users with the highest levels of accuracy that you can trust. Every paternity test offered by Test Me DNA typically compares 21 genetic markers.
Buccal Swab Collection Procedure
1. Verify the collection kit contains three(3) self-adhesive envelopes, each containing two(2) packages of sterile cotton-tipped swabs and a white label.
2. Collect only one individual’s DNA at a time. As you are collecting each person’s sample, remove the swabs from the sterile package and discard the wrapper. Do not touch the sterile cotton tip of swabs or lay the swabs on any surface prior to or after collection.
3. FOUR(4) SWABS ARE REQUIRED FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL COLLECTED. Use one swab per cheek quadrant (top left, bottom left, top right, bottom right).
4. Before you swab, swallow. This is NOT a saliva test, do not suck the swab. Vigorously brush the swab against the inside of the cheek for approximately ten(10) seconds per swab with the same force used when brushing your teeth.
5. Hold swabs by the sticks for approximately one minute and allow them to air dry.
6. Write the name of the individual whose sample was collected on the white label. Fold, DO NOT WRAP, the white label around all four(4) swab sticks.
7. Insert all four(4) swabs, cotton end first, back into the self-adhesive envelope. Seal the envelope.
8. After collecting all individuals DNA, place the collection kit containing the samples into the shipping envelope provided. Affix the pre-printed shipping label to the outside of the shipping envelope. Tear off the left side of the shipping label at the perforation and keep this tracking information for your records.
**ONLY ONE PERSON’S SWABS SHOULD BE INTERESTED INTO EACH ENVELOPE. ENVELOPES CONTAINING MORE THAN 4 SWABS WILL NOT BE TESTED.**